The objective of Scholarship Program of FAEA is to secure social justice for students belonging to socially and economically disadvantaged sections of the society. It emphasizes equality of opportunity to help students become what they would like to be so that they have a choice and are not dictated by economic and social necessity. It enables economically and socially disadvantaged students to study in the institutions, which provide academic excellence, access to structures of power and economic opportunity. For this the Program will provide bursaries, scholarships and fellowships to these students for their study. It will also supplement this with creation of an institutional framework in which concerns for the disadvantaged are addressed.
- Applicants should be an Indian and a permanent resident of India.
- Should have passed Class XII examination from a recognized Indian Board.
- The final selection will, however, be subject to the student securing certain minimum scores in Class XII examinations and interview results.
- Meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution
- Scholarship Program will provide support to the students selected for up to three years in the first instance. This can be extended for another two years for postgraduate study depending upon the student's performance in the graduate exams as well as availability of funds.
- The number of scholarships to be given each year will be announced by May/June every year.
- Students will be selected on the basis of their academic excellence, social and economic background.
- Students selected can pursue any academic discipline in any University/College in India as long as it is consistent to the objective of FAEA.
- The grant for individual student will be determined by FAEA to ensure compliance with budgetary guidelines. Final amounts will be based entirely on the discretion of the Program and may cover full or partial cost of the proposed study plans.
- The program will assist selected candidates in making all logistical arrangement related to travel and insurance.
- Selected candidates will be responsible for informing FAEA office in New Delhi of any other grant, scholarship, bursary or financial aid they have received for their study program.
- Grant amounts may be re-negotiated on the basis of this information. Failure to report additional financial support can constitute grounds for revocation of the award.
The Application Process
- Only eligible candidates will be sent further information.
- Final applications shall be reviewed and evaluated first by a regional panel comprising scholars and practitioners from academia, NGOs and other discipline.
- Shortlisted candidates will then be invited for regional interviews across India in the metropolitan city closest to student's domicile.
- Thereafter, a national Panel will make the final selection and results will be declared. The support granted shall be subject to the candidate being accepted by the host institution.
- All applications must be submitted to only the FAEA office in New Delhi. The level and duration of award will be determined as part of the placement process.
- All decisions of the regional and national panel will be final. Any effort to influence the decision will lead to disqualification.
- FAEA staff and their family members may not serve on selection panels and are not eligible to apply for Scholarship Program. Members of selection committees, staff of the organizations managing the program in the various regions and their family members are also ineligible for financial aid under Pathways Program.
- Applications forms received after due date will not be considered.
Attempt has been made to provide correct information. The information, however is, subject to change from time to time.